Americans spend millions (and billions) of dollars on new products each year. Our homes and home businesses are full of wonderful state of the art products that help us in our everyday lives. Modern day products are made to help us save time, money, and even physical strain. New products are also always entering our homes to help with convenience.
Corporations create thousands of products that seek to help us create additional comfort and convenience in our lives, but unfortunately, some of these products are not well tested and they can lead to an injury or even a deadly result. From appliances and electronics to furniture and clothing, defects happen and they hurt consumers physically, emotionally, and financially.
Consumer products that cause injury or death sometimes are not quickly taken out of the marketplace. It can take quite a bit of time for a defective product to make its way to a national register of recalled products or even the news. Recalls can and are issued publicly, but many times this takes place after a consumer is injured or killed.
If you or your loved one is hurt by a defective product, you will need an experienced lawyer who can navigate the complex legal field of defective products and recalls.
Have You Been Injured by a Defective Product?
Has a home product you've purchased resulted in personal injury or wrongful death? Did the product cause harm during its intended use? Did you follow the warning labels and directions only to be hurt during usage? Did the product directly cause Injuries to you or a loved one?
If this has happened to you, you might have a home product recall claim.
Defective product lawsuits can result from a bad product design, a problem in the manufacturing process, a failure to properly test the product, a missing warning label, or inadequate instructions.
If you've been hurt or you've lost a loved one, you may have a lawsuit against the manufacturer of the defective product, the product distributor, or the reseller.
I’ll Protect Your Rights in Product Recall Claims and Lawsuits
I’ve been serving product liability victims in Houston, Texas, since 2001. I have nearly two decades of experience helping people just like you. There is a lot that goes into a personal injury claim or lawsuit. I’m here to help every step of the way.
Here are some general steps to show you how I’ll help lift the burden of recovering compensation for your product liability claim.
Initial Free Case Evaluation
- Listen to you and review the details of your case with a free initial consultation.
- Offer an initial assessment of the strengths and possible weaknesses of your injury claim.
- Educate you about the entire legal process and answer your questions.
- Offer to take your case on a contingency fee only where the client does not pay the attorney any fees unless there is a settlement or jury verdict in your favor.
Case evaluations can be done in person, via phone, or via Zoom.
Once I am Retained as Your Lawyer
- Send out notice letters to all possible “at fault” parties.
- Further investigate your case details to determine if there are multiple parties at fault or find the one truly at fault for the injury from whom we can seek a recovery from.
- Make sure you are getting proper medical treatment and well documented medical treatment.
- Estimate the cost of your injury’s physical harm, mental anguish, and financial burden due to medical treatment and loss of income using all the medical treatment and billing.
- File an initial claim to demand compensation from insurance companies representing those who were negligent.
- File all follow up paperwork with product companies, insurance companies, lawyers of those negligent, or the Texas court system.
- Communicate with insurance agents, defense attorneys, and court representatives.
- Prepare supporting documentation to demonstrate the extent of your physical injuries and financial damages to get the best possible settlement offer.
- Find and Interview witnesses that can provide support for your injury claim.
- Provide litigation support, legal costs*, and representation should your claim move into an actual lawsuit.
*Legal costs are a part of case expenses which the client is responsible for in the event of a settlement or jury verdict in the client's favor.
Work on Your Case Until Conclusion
It is the law firm’s job to bring your claim to an end. The following is a brief listing of that process.
- Present a final pre-lawsuit demand to all companies for evaluation to see if the case can be settled before filing a formal lawsuit.
- Negotiate and discuss any potential settlement offers with the client.
- If the case can be settled pre-suit, the law firm will work with the client to reduce outstanding medical bills and close out the claim.
- If the case cannot be settled pre-suit, the law firm will discuss how to proceed with filing a lawsuit against all responsible parties.
- Once in litigation, the law firm has to prepare an Original Petition, serve the petition on any Defendants, enter the Discovery process and follow the Docket Control Order of the Court.
- There are numerous steps and processes to the litigation process which can be discussed with the attorney at a later date. Litigation can be an expensive and complicated process that our law firm is well versed and experienced in.
I understand the massive physical pain, emotional stress, and financial burdens you are dealing with and I will work to obtain just compensation for your defective product injury.
Free Initial Consultation and No Out-of-Pocket Costs*
If you are injured and believe you have been a victim of someone else’s negligence, call me at 281-929-0110 for a free initial consultation. Or if it is an emergency, please feel free to text me at 832-797-7600.
*As your personal injury lawyer, I will only receive a fee if we recover a settlement or jury verdict for you. In other words, you don’t pay any legal fees unless I make a financial recovery for you!
Dedicated to Seeking Justice and Compensation
for All Types of Product Liability Cases
Have a question about an injury or legal issue?
If you have been injured in a wreck, please seek professional medical attention ASAP.
Enter your information with a brief description of your legal issue.
Once your inquiry is submitted, Gregg will respond to you the same day to discuss your legal case.
During the consultation, we will determine if your case or claim will be accepted by our law firm.