Bus accidents are much different than traditional auto accidents. A charter bus, public transportation, and school bus all have a larger footprint than a regular car or SUV. When a large bus collides with a car, truck, motorcycle, or pedestrian, the injuries can be much more substantial. From the number of passengers and loose baggage to the sheer size of the bus and the reduction in safety equipment, bus accidents cause a lot more damage and the associated personal injury claims require an experienced lawyer who can navigate through the evidence, witness testimonies, technical jargon, and transportation laws.
If you or your loved one has been the victim of a bus accident, you need to seek the help of an experienced lawyer who can help you get medical attention, protect your rights, and obtain maximum compensation for the physical, emotional, and financial stress caused by the accident.
Bus accidents are scary and stressful, and worse, they can leave injuries that can last a lifetime. Personal injuries can happen to bus passengers, pedestrians, or the passengers of other vehicles involved in the crash. Any injured party needs an experienced personal injury attorney who can provide legal representation and protection.
Filing an insurance claim and negotiating with adjustors can be a lengthy and confusing process. It can feel very complicated, which is made worse when you are suffering from the pain of an accident-related injury.
You don’t have to do it alone!
No matter what type of injury you’ve suffered, there is help available, and this help is handled on a contingency fee basis. This means accident victims pay nothing unless compensation is received for your claim.
I am here to answer your questions and guide you through the complicated process required to win your personal injury case. I’ll serve as your advocate and help make sure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Steps to Protect Yourself and Your Accident Claim
If you are injured in a bus accident, you should take the following steps to protect your physical health and future personal injury claim:
- If your injuries allow, take photos of the accident scene so you can document your case. This includes pictures of the vehicles, any collision debris, the scene, weather, injuries, and road conditions.
- Gather the names and contact information for any witnesses of the bus crash. This can include the driver of the bus.
- Seek immediate medical attention and inform your doctor about your accident. Describe all your injuries, aches, and pains.
- Retain copies of your medical records and bills.
- Gather and document any information that will support your injury claim. This could include additional photos of the accident, statements from witnesses, photos of your injuries, and copies of your medical records.
- Contact an experienced bus accident attorney who specializes in large bus collisions and injuries.
- Avoid signing any documentation or statement until you have spoken with an attorney.
I’ll Protect Your Rights in Insurance Claims and Lawsuits
I’ve been serving accident and personal injury victims in Houston, Texas, since 2001. I have nearly two decades of experience helping people just like you. There is a lot that goes into a personal injury claim or accident lawsuit. I’m here to help every step of the way.
Below are some general steps to show you how I’ll help lift the burden of recovering compensation for your injury claim.
Initial Free Case Evaluation
- Listen to you and review the details of your case with a free initial consultation.
- Offer an initial assessment of the strengths and possible weaknesses of your injury claim.
- Educate you about the entire legal process and answer your questions.
- Offer to take your case on a contingency fee only where you do not pay any attorney's fees unless there is a settlement or jury verdict in your favor.
Case evaluations can be done in person, via phone, or via Zoom.
Once I am Retained as Your Lawyer
- Send out notice letters to all possible “at fault” parties.
- Further investigate your case details to determine if there are multiple parties at fault or find the one truly at fault for the injury from whom we can seek a recovery from.
- Make sure you are getting proper medical treatment and well documented medical treatment.
- Estimate the cost of your injury’s physical harm, mental anguish, and financial burden due to medical treatment and loss of income using all the medical treatment and billing.
- File an initial claim to demand compensation from insurance companies representing those who were negligent.
- File all follow-up paperwork with insurance companies, lawyers of those negligent, or the Texas court system.
- Communicate with insurance agents, defense attorneys, and court representatives.
- Prepare supporting documentation to demonstrate the extent of your physical injuries and financial damages to get the best possible settlement offer.
- Find and interview witnesses who can provide support for your injury claim.
- Provide litigation support, legal costs*, and representation should your claim move into an actual lawsuit.
*Legal costs are a part of case expenses which client is responsible for in the event of a settlement or jury verdict in the client's favor.
Work on Your Case Until Conclusion
It is the law firm’s job to bring your claim to an end. The following is a brief listing of that process.
- Present a final pre-lawsuit demand to all insurance companies for evaluation to see if the case can be settled before filing a formal lawsuit.
- Negotiate and discuss any potential settlement offers with the client.
- If the case can be settled pre-suit, the law firm will work with the client to reduce outstanding medical bills and close out the claim.
- If the case cannot be settled pre-suit, the law firm will discuss how to proceed with filing a lawsuit against all responsible parties.
- Once in litigation, the law firm has to prepare an Original Petition, serve the petition on any Defendants, enter the Discovery process and follow the Docket Control Order of the Court.
- There are numerous steps and processes to the litigation process which can be discussed with the attorney at a later date. Litigation can be an expensive and complicated process which our law firm is well versed and experienced in.
I understand the massive physical pain, emotional stress, and financial burdens you are dealing with, and I will work to obtain just compensation for your personal injury.
You are Important to Me and So is Your Personal Injury Claim
As your attorney, I will review all of the facts related to the collision. I know each client’s situation is unique, and I know I can make a substantial difference in helping my clients feel confident in their case.
I understand the challenges and complexities that may arise in personal injury matters. I know how to resolve these issues, and I know how to keep the case progressing so you can move forward with your recovery and your life.
I’ve spent nearly 20 years representing individuals in personal injury claims that include all types of accidents. I also have experience handling a wide range of accident claims resulting in many types of injuries:
- Whiplash and related whiplash injury
- Broken bones, bone fractures, and bone chips
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head, neck, and back injuries
- Knee injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Burn injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Herniated discs
- Bulging disks
- Mouth trauma injuries
I know how insurance companies respond to, defend against, and deny injury claims. I’m here to prevent that from happening.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bus accident, call or text me at 832-797-7600 for a free legal case evaluation. This initial consultation is absolutely free, and it will help you understand your rights and the merits of your case.
Free Initial Consultation and No Out-of-Pocket Costs*
If you are injured and believe you have been a victim of someone else’s negligence, call me at 281-929-0110 for a free initial consultation. Or if it is an emergency, please feel free to text me at 832-797-7600.
*As your personal injury lawyer, I will only receive a fee if we recover a settlement or jury verdict for you. In other words, you don’t pay any legal fees unless I make a financial recovery for you!
Dedicated to Seeking Justice and Compensation
for All Types of Accidents
Have a question about an injury or legal issue?
If you have been injured in a wreck, please seek professional medical attention ASAP.
Enter your information with a brief description of your legal issue.
Once your inquiry is submitted, Gregg will respond to you the same day to discuss your legal case.
During the consultation, we will determine if your case or claim will be accepted by our law firm.
If you believe your inquiry is an emergency, you may text your information to 832-797-7600 for a quicker response.