An Experienced Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer

Drunk driving accidents can be particularly devastating. Drivers under the influence of drugs or alcohol typically drive at unsafe speeds, and they tend to be extremely distracted. They are less responsive on the road than sober drivers, and they have decreased reaction time. This causes unsafe driving conditions not just for them, but for all those who cross their path.

The results of this negligence are long-lasting. It can cause catastrophic injuries or death to other drivers, pedestrians, or bicyclists.

If you or a loved one has been injured in a drunk driving accident in Texas, you need an experienced personal injury attorney who can guide you through the legal processing of your claim and help you obtain professional medical care (even if you don’t have insurance).

Why You Need an Experienced Lawyer

Insurance companies will attempt to limit payouts immediately. The insurance companies are not on your side, so don't be fooled by their initial phone call to you!

In fact, don't even speak to the drunk driver's insurance company until you have an attorney available to protect and defend your rights.

Even if the impaired driver's insurance company is going to drop insurance coverage for the driver, the company is still liable for your injuries related to the accident and they'll try to settle quickly so they can minimize the payout.

The insurance company does not have your best interest in mind. An attorney will have your back and make sure you get as much for your claim as possible.

Together, we can hold the responsible parties accountable and seek your just compensation from individuals or companies that allow their drivers to drive in an intoxicated state.

No two people or drunk driving accidents are the same. You are unique and so is your DUI accident claim. As your attorney, I’ll take a proactive approach to your personal injury claim. I will serve as your advocate, while also taking an aggressive approach to enforcing your rights.

I’ll review the details of your case, educate you on the legal process, answer your questions, and serve as your legal representation with the insurance company.

Legal Help is Available When You Need It

As your attorney, I will review all of the facts related to the DUI accident. I know each client’s situation is unique, and I know I can make a substantial difference in helping my clients feel confident in their case.

I understand the challenges and complexities that may arise in personal injury matters, I know how to resolve these issues, and I know how to keep the case progressing so you can move forward with your recovery and your life.

I’ve spent 20 years representing individuals in personal injury claims that include drunk driving accidents, truck accidents, bus accidents, and bicycle accidents.

I have also experience handling a wide range of accident claims resulting in many types of injuries including whiplash injuries, broken bones and fractures, traumatic brain injuries (TBI), spinal cord injuries, head or back injuries, burn injuries, mouth trauma injuries (broken or fractured teeth mainly from hitting an airbag, windshield, or steering wheel), and catastrophic injuries.

I know how insurance companies respond to, defend against, and deny injury claims. I’m here to prevent that from happening.

Houston has a lot of young people, bars, and restaurants. Although drunk drivers are on the road 24/7, it seems that Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights are the most dangerous for these types of drivers. If you've been injured, I am available to help regardless of the day or time of the accident.

Call me at 832-797-7600 for a free legal case evaluation. This initial consultation is absolutely free, and it will help you understand your rights and the merits of your case.

FAQs for Drunk Driving Accident Claims

What should I do if I am injured in an accident caused by a drunk driver?

If you are injured in a drunk driving accident, you should take the following steps to protect your physical health and future claim:

  1. If your injuries allow, take photos of the accident scene so you can document your case. This includes pictures of the vehicles, any collision debris, the weather, and road conditions.
  2. If possible, video the drunk driver and his actions immediately following the accident.
  3. Gather the names and contact information for any witnesses of the crash.
  4. File a police report to begin the documentation trail of your accident.
  5. Seek medical attention and inform your doctor about your accident. Describe all your injuries, aches and pains.
  6. Retain copies of your medical records and bills.
  7. Gather any information that will support your claim. This could include additional photos of the accident, statements from witnesses, photos of your injuries, and copies of your medical records.
  8. Contact an experienced drunk driving accident lawyer who specializes in DUI related collisions and injuries.
  9. Avoid signing any documentation or statement until you have spoken with an attorney.

Should I go to an urgent care or the emergency room after the accident?

It is important that you seek medical help after any car accident!

For any serious or life-threatening injuries, you should immediately go to the emergency room for treatment. Serious injuries would include things like whiplash, severe burns, broken bones, severe trauma, uncontrollable bleeding, and breathing difficulties.

For lesser injuries or symptoms, you should go to urgent care. But keep in mind, adrenaline can mask injuries, so you should visit urgent care even if you don’t feel like you absolutely need to.

How long after a drunk driving accident can I claim an injury?

This varies by state, but in Texas, this is set at two years from the date of the accident. The statute of limitations for car accident claims is the same timeframe Texas uses for most personal injury claims.

Do I need a police report of my car accident?

You should contact the police to investigate the auto accident and create a police report. This will allow you to use this report for your personal injury claim and settlement.

The report will include key data points such as:

  • Date and time of the accident
  • Location of the accident
  • Details about the weather and road conditions
  • Parties involved in the collision
  • Contact information of the witnesses
  • Statements from the involved parties and witnesses
  • A diagram of the scene
  • Any citations or violations that occurred
  • Suggested cause of the accident and possible fault

Your life can change in an instant due to a drunk driver. It is illegal to drive drunk, and you deserve to be compensated if you are injured by a drunk driver. Make sure you create a solid paper trail so you can obtain the compensation you deserve.

What if the drunk driver flees the scene?

Most drunk drivers are aware of the consequences of their actions, but they think a serious incident will never happen to them. When they cause an accident, the tendency is to flee the scene.

If the drunk driver flees the scene, you could still be eligible for compensation. You need to file a police report, so the police can investigate the incident and locate the driver, if possible. If found, the driver may be subject to fines and jail time.

If the police do not catch the hit and run driver, you could still seek compensation through your own Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury or Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury coverage if this is available.

We represent many clients who have been the victims of hit-and-run accidents, and we can help you seek all available compensation for your injuries.

How much compensation can I get from a car accident lawsuit?

Car accident settlements will vary from case to case. There is no possible way to predict how much compensation an injured person should get at the time they consult with an attorney. The case details, the severity of injury, and the individuals at fault will all influence the compensation provided. This is best discussed with the attorney in person at your consultation.

I'll aggressively pursue fair and just compensation to cover past or future damages that include:

  • Medical expenses
  • Lost wages
  • Pain and suffering
  • Rehabilitation
  • Long-term care
  • Disability
  • Property damage
  • Additional personal and economic losses

Representation is extremely important. If you have been hurt by a drunk driver, let me serve as your advocate and help you maximize your settlement. An injured party will always gain a better financial result by hiring an experienced attorney versus handling the claim on your own.

Can you get compensation for pain and suffering from a car accident?

Yes. In Texas, you can sue for compensation related to pain and suffering. Texas courts recognize the impact that pain and suffering can have on accident victims, and they allow injured parties to seek financial compensation for these damages.

How long does a car accident claim or lawsuit take?

Some cases last only a few months and others could last years. The timeframe varies from case to case and depends on the court’s calendar and how many other cases are ahead of you. It is important to remember that most car accident claims do not go to court, which would help decrease the time for resolution.

How often do car accidents go to court and a trial setting?

From my 20 years experience, about 80% of personal injury cases settle outside of court.

What if I am a pedestrian and I am hit by a drunk driver?

If you are a pedestrian who was hit by a moving vehicle, you should be able to file a personal injury claim if the driver was at fault. This claim would cover medical bills, loss of income, and compensation for pain and suffering.

Can I file a car accident claim if the other driver doesn’t have insurance?

In Texas, if the other driver in your collision is an uninsured motorist, you have three options for filing a personal injury claim and obtaining damages:

  1. File a Personal Injury Protection (PIP) claim, request for Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury coverage, or a request for Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury coverage with your auto insurance company.
  2. File a claim against a liable third party, which could be the employer of the driver or the bar that provided alcohol to the driver (in the case of a DUI).
  3. File a lawsuit against the uninsured motorist and seek compensation from the driver’s personal assets.

Because those are three very different options, it would be best for you to seek professional guidance with an experienced car accident attorney.

Free Initial Consultation and No Out-of-Pocket Costs*

If you are injured and believe you have been a victim of someone else’s negligence, call me at 281-929-0110 for a free initial consultation. Or if it is an emergency, please feel free to text me at 832-797-7600.

*As your personal injury lawyer, I will only receive a fee if we recover a settlement or jury verdict for you. In other words, you don’t pay any legal fees unless I make a financial recovery for you!

Have a question about an injury or legal issue?

  • green diamond with white border

    If you have been injured in a wreck, please seek professional medical attention ASAP.

  • green diamond with white border

    Enter your information with a brief description of your legal issue.

  • green diamond with white border

    Once your inquiry is submitted, Gregg will respond to you the same day to discuss your legal case.

  • green diamond with white border

    During the consultation, we will determine if your case or claim will be accepted by our law firm.

  • green diamond with white border

    If you believe your inquiry is an emergency, you may text your information to 832-797-7600 for a quicker response.

Request a
Free Consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.