If you are active duty or retired military personnel who experience hearing damage as a result of defective 3M earplugs, you may be entitled to compensation. As a product liability attorney, I represent Texas victims of defective products and I can help fight for your rights. You deserve compensation and I will help you obtain it.
Overview of 3M Earplug Lawsuits
Between 2003 and 2015, military men and women were given 3M’s Dual-Ended Combat Arms Earplugs (Version 2 — CAEv2) to protect their hearing in combat zones such as Iraq, Pakistan, and Afghanistan. Unfortunately, these earplugs were not properly engineered, and they failed to protect the hearing of our military.
In 2018 a whistleblower spoke up and warned the public of this design flaw. As a result of this alert, the U.S. Department of Justice investigated the claims. This investigation resulted in 3M paying $9.1 million to the federal government to resolve these. Thousands of lawsuits have been filed and thousands more are yet to be filed.
Eligible victims of the 3M earplugs need to meet the following criteria:
- You served in the military between 2003 and 2015.
- You served in an active combat zone such as the War of Afghanistan, Iraq War, War in North-West Pakistan, War in Somalia, American-led intervention in Libya, Operation Ocean Shield in the Indian Ocean, American-led interventions in Iraq, or the American-led intervention in Syria.
- You wore 3M’s Dual-Ended Combat Arms Earplugs (Version 2 — CAEv2) during your service.
- You were exposed to loud noises during your service.
- Suffer from hearing loss symptoms such as ringing in the ears, sensitivity in the ears, dizziness, or trouble hearing others.
- Or suffer from tinnitus, you may be suffering from one or more of the following ear conditions: ringing, whistling, roaring, buzzing, or clicking.
If you meet the above criteria, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical treatment, as well as pain and suffering.
The U.S. Veterans Administration estimates that 50% of veterans return home with some form of hearing loss or damage. And as of 2017, more than 2,700,000 veterans were receiving disability benefits for some kind of hearing damage.
Over $9,000,000 has already been allocated to 3M earplug claims, so compensation is available.
Why You Need an Experienced Attorney
The 3M earplug lawsuits are being litigated as a “mass tort”. A mass tort means victims of hearing loss will need to file an individual lawsuit to obtain compensation. Having an experienced product liability lawyer on your side, will allow you to gather the right details and process the right paperwork to facilitate recovery of compensation.
If you believe you are a victim of faulty Combat Arms™ Earplugs, it is critical that you seek legal help from an experienced product liability attorney.
I offer a free, no obligation case evaluation and no fee is charged unless a recovery is made.
What to Expect with the 3M Claim Process
I’ve been serving product liability victims in the greater Houston area since 2001. I have nearly two decades of experience helping people just like you. There is a lot that goes into a product liability claim or lawsuit.
I’m here to help every step of the way.
Recovering personal liability benefits and compensation is a lengthy and complicated process. Insurance companies or company lawyers will often pressure victims into making hasty decisions or flat out denying liability from the start. What may seem like a fair, fast settlement (without an attorney present) can be grossly undervalued and near criminal. A wrong move early on in your injury claim can degrade your physical, emotional and financial well-being for many years to come.
My job is to protect you and stop anyone from taking advantage of you.
Here are some general steps to show you how I’ll help lift the burden of recovering compensation for your product liability claim.
Initial Free Case Evaluation for Product Liability Victims
- Listen to you and review the details of your case with a free initial consultation.
- Offer an initial assessment of the strengths and possible weaknesses of your injury claim.
- Educate you about the entire legal process and answer your questions.
- Offer to take your case on a contingency fee only where the client does not pay the attorney any fees unless there is a settlement or jury verdict in your favor.
Case evaluations can be done in person, via phone, or via Zoom.
Once I am Retained as Your Product Liability Lawyer
- Send out notice letters to all possible “at fault” parties.
- Further investigate your case details to determine if there are multiple parties at fault or find the one truly at fault for the injury from whom we can seek a recovery from.
- Make sure you are getting proper medical treatment and well documented medical treatment.
- Estimate the cost of your injury’s physical harm, mental anguish, and financial burden due to medical treatment and loss of income using all the medical treatment and billing.
- File an initial claim to demand compensation from insurance companies representing those who were negligent.
- File all follow up paperwork with product companies, insurance companies, lawyers of those negligent, or the Texas court system.
- Communicate with insurance agents, defense attorneys, and court representatives.
- Prepare supporting documentation to demonstrate the extent of your physical injuries and financial damages to get the best possible settlement offer.
- Find and Interview witnesses that can provide support for your injury claim.
- Provide litigation support, legal costs*, and representation should your claim move into an actual lawsuit.
*Legal costs are a part of case expenses which the client is responsible for in the event of a settlement or jury verdict in the client's favor.
Work on Your Case Until Conclusion
It is the law firm’s job to bring your claim to an end. The following is a brief listing of that process.
- Present a final pre-lawsuit demand to all companies for evaluation to see if the case can be settled before filing a formal lawsuit.
- Negotiate and discuss any potential settlement offers with the client.
- If the case can be settled pre-suit, the law firm will work with the client to reduce outstanding medical bills and close out the claim.
- If the case cannot be settled pre-suit, the law firm will discuss how to proceed with filing a lawsuit against all responsible parties.
- Once in litigation, the law firm has to prepare an Original Petition, serve the petition on any Defendants, enter the Discovery process and follow the Docket Control Order of the Court.
- There are numerous steps and processes to the litigation process which can be discussed with the attorney at a later date. Litigation can be an expensive and complicated process that our law firm is well versed and experienced in.
I understand the massive physical pain, emotional stress, and financial burdens you are dealing with and I will work to obtain just compensation for your defective product injury.
3M Earplug FAQs
Free Initial Consultation and No Out-of-Pocket Costs*
If you are injured and believe you have been a victim of someone else’s negligence, call me at 281.929.0110 for a free initial consultation. Or if it is an emergency, please feel free to text me at 832.797.7600.
*As your personal injury lawyer, I will only receive a fee if we recover a settlement or jury verdict for you. In other words, you don’t pay any legal fees unless I make a financial recovery for you!
Dedicated to Seeking Justice and Compensation
for All Types of Product Liability Cases
Have a question about an injury or legal issue?
If you have been injured in a wreck, please seek professional medical attention ASAP.
Enter your information with a brief description of your legal issue.
Once your inquiry is submitted, Gregg will respond to you the same day to discuss your legal case.
During the consultation, we will determine if your case or claim will be accepted by our law firm.