Gregg S. Harrison
My name is Gregg Harrison, and I have been practicing law in Texas since being licensed in 2001.
I earned a bachelor’s degree from the Barney School of Business at the University of Hartford in 1993. I enjoyed learning about business and marketing, which led me to a career on Wall Street in the mid-90s.
I felt that Wall Street wasn’t a good fit for me and wanted to do more to help people. I decided to go to law school and attended the Thurgood Marshall School of Law at Texas Southern University.
Out of law school, I started working as an attorney in Houston for a litigation firm and felt that working on personal injury claims was a great fit for me. The work was challenging, and it also helped people who needed a voice.
In 2008 I opened my own law firm and have been working hard ever since.
When not helping others, I thoroughly enjoy raising my son, Maxwell, who keeps me busy and laughing. He truly is a wonderful kid and every day brings new challenges and adventures.
I work hard for my clients and always make time to answer my phone. Let's talk and see how I can help you.
Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law
1997 – 2000
University of Hartford
B.B.A. Marketing; Business Administration
1989 – 1993
State Bar of Texas
Texas Southern District Court
Bar Card Number: 24029602
TX License Date: 05/02/2001
Serving Texas Residents Since 2001
Since being licensed in 2001, I have personally worked on and/or personally handled the following:
- Hundreds of car accidents and truck wrecks with total settlements ranging from $1,000 to over $150,000.
- A drowning death case involving an 18-month-old child.
- A severe and life-altering scald burn case involving an 18-month-old child with a confidential settlement against an apartment complex.
- Co-counsel with two very large law firms against BP for 5 severely injured contract employees of the explosion, which occurred in 2005.
- Co-counsel with two very large law firms against BP for the benzene release in Texas City, which occurred in 2011.
- Co-counsel on property damage denial claims.
- Co-counsel on a negligently designed exercise product sold at Target, designed by Bell Sports and manufactured in China, which resulted in a confidential product liability settlement in 2014.
- First chaired civil trials against defendants being defended by insurance companies and other corporations, such as Allstate Insurance, METRO Transportation, and State Farm Insurance.
- Obtained a confidential settlement with a national bank over “missing” safety deposit box items.
- Attended numerous complex mediations in which cases were resolved.
- Created presentations for settlement negotiations.
- Handled numerous slip and fall claims for clients who were injured at business establishments.
- Worked with numerous experts throughout my litigation cases obtaining valid and admissible expert reports.
- Worked on numerous family law cases and issues.
- Drafted estate plans for clients and co-counseled in a complex estate and probate matter involving numerous parties.
- Handled numerous property damage claims and issues for clients.