Have you been injured at work?
In Texas, workers’ compensation is a state-regulated insurance program that provides compensation for medical costs and lost income to employees who have suffered work-related injuries or illnesses. Texas employers aren’t required to carry workers’ comp coverage for their employees, but they are required to notify you if they don’t.
If you have been injured at work or contracted a job-related illness, you should consult a lawyer who can guide you through the process of obtaining compensation.
Aspects of workers’ comp claims in Texas
Your injuries may be covered by workers’ comp if you were hurt at work. Workers’ compensation insurance is meant to provide employees with money for medical costs and lost income after a job-related injury or illness. In Texas, companies are not required subscribe to workers’ comp insurance – but if they don’t carry such insurance, they are open to being sued directly for injuries on the job.
The Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) of the Texas Department of Insurance administers the claims process, which can be complicated. We are experienced at filing clients’ claims as well as navigating other aspects of the process, including:
- Temporary income benefits
- Lifetime income benefits
- Impairment rating disputes
- Appeals of DWC rulings
Texas provides important benefits to some injured workers. Not all companies subscribe to workers’ compensation insurance. If you are injured while working for a “non-subscriber,” you may have legal options under Texas personal injury law. If you are hurt or fall ill while working for a company that is insured, you may be entitled to:
- Income benefits: Through the program, you may receive supplemental income to replace wages lost during your job-related injury or illness.
- Medical benefits: Texas workers comp insurance pays for necessary medical treatment after a work-related injury or illness.
- Burial benefits: The funeral expenses of a family member killed on the job may be reimbursed under this program.
- Death benefits: The family of someone who dies as a result of a work-related injury or illness may receive compensation for lost family income.
We are relentless in our pursuit of justice on behalf of people who are injured on the job. We will discuss your claim at length to see what avenues of recovery are available to you. DO NOT DELAY! Call us today to discuss your potential case.
Houston Workers’ Compensation Attorney
Greater Houston/Northwest Houston Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Call for a FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION