Were you a victim of a sex crime or victim of sexual abuse in the Houston or Greater Houston area?
Unfortunately, there are victims of sex crimes such as abuse, assault, rape, or molestation every day in our country. The victims can suffer severe and lasting consequences at the hands of sick predators. Most victims are defenseless or sought out for their vulnerability. It can be argued that no crime short of murder has a more devastating impact on the victim than a sexual assault injury, and it impacts the victims in both a physical and mental capacity. The sexual crime/event is usually a series of well-planned events, following a “grooming period” by a trusted person. Most sexual predators are child magnets, not the “pervert looking” stereotype molester. Most victims never report the ordeal out of fear, shame or guilt. If a person has suffered this type of injury, there may be monetary recourse.
Gregg Harrison has successfully represented victims of sex crimes in civil litigation (i.e. rape case of a female college student at a unlit parking lot at her college) and can help victims receive the financial compensation they deserve for injuries that may last a lifetime including depression, mental anguish and disability.
We are relentless in our pursuit of justice on behalf of victims of sex crimes. We believe that, to the extent we can, we shall work simultaneously with the law enforcement agency that is involved in order to see that justice is done in the criminal system as well as the civil system.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a sex crime, call our firm for a FREE confidential consultation.
Do You Suspect Abuse? Don’t ignore your gut instinct!
If you suspect your child has been abused, don’t panic and scare your child…some experts recommend:
- Take the victim seriously. Literature reports that children are highly unlikely to make up tales of sexual abuse. Talk to your child in a loving and caring way.
- Report the event to local law enforcement; file a report.
- Don’t allow multiple parties to interview the child. Going over the incident again and again can be emotionally damaging for a child, and it can affect the credibility of the testimony. Depending on the circumstances, we will arrange for a highly skilled forensic psychologist interview and assess the victim.
- Take reasonable steps to limit access to the child by perpetrator.
- Get competent legal counsel.
- Get appropriate treatment. If not properly treated, the emotional scars of a sex crime can have a devastating impact on the victim’s life and relationships for decades. There are many competent psychological professionals in the Greater Houston area who can get your child the help he or she needs.
Whether you were raped by a stranger or your child was molested by a pastor, scout leader, teacher, neighbor, or family member, we can help. Contact our law firm as soon as possible, to preserve important rights and prevent the victim from being exposed to any further abuse.
Gregg S. Harrison, Attorney at Law, PLLC
Greater Houston/Northwest Houston Sex Crimes Victim Lawyer
Call for a FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION